The post Marilyn Manson Recruits Norman Reedus for “DON’T CHASE THE DEAD” Video: Watch appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
“DON’T CHASE THE DEAD” was recently released as the second single from Manson’s latest album, WE ARE CHAOS, which arrived earlier this month. The LP debuted at No. 8 on the Billboard 200 chart, marking Manson’s eighth consecutive album to land in the Top 10.
Reedus, who has played Daryl Dixon in The Walking Dead since the beginning of the popular AMC series, co-stars alongside Manson in the cinematic video for “DON’T CHASE THE DEAD”. The clip depicts a heist gone violently wrong, along with scenes of Manson singing the song.
Manson discussed “DON’T CHASE THE DEAD” in our recent interview with the singer. He told us that the track is “a very driving song, but when it opens up in the chorus, it has very Berlin-era [David] Bowie elements.”
- Marilyn Manson on WE ARE CHAOS, Pandemic Life, New Wave Influences, and Favorite David Bowie Album
- Marilyn Manson Masterfully Embraces His Influences on WE ARE CHAOS: Review
He added, “It sort of has this postulating feeling of unease but romance at the same time. It sounds like the end of the world, in a way. That really was what I was trying to capture.”
- Dave Chappelle Unloads on Critics Upon Winning Emmy for Best Variety Special
- Ranking: Every Martin Scorsese Film from Worst to Best
- Filter's Richard Patrick on Quitting Nine Inch Nails: Trent Reznor Told Me to Deliver Pizza
- Dolly Parton Finally Puts Longtime Tattoo Rumors to Rest
- Rolling Stone Updated Its Top 500 Albums of All Time List So It's No Longer Just White Dudes