These are not the droids you’re looking for. But there’s still something oddly familiar about that droid bartender…
The final episode of Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian, which unveils the secrets of the making of the DIsney+ show, has revealed that Luke Skywalker himself, aka Mark Hamill, made a secret cameo in an episode of the show.
More from Deadline
- WGA West Reaches $5.25 Million Settlement With Disney For Interest On Late Residuals On Five Fox Animated Series
- Mark Hamill Of 'Star Wars' To Headline Fundraiser For Joe Biden
- CineEurope: Execs Express Optimism & Christopher Nolan Sends A 'Tenet' Update To Online Conference
The moment came in the fifth episode of the series. In the scene, viewers are taken to the cantina on Tatooine. Yes, the same one from the original Star Wars, A New Hope.
The droid bartender in that scene is voiced by an uncredited Mark Hamill.
Series creator Jon Favreau said the droid’s name is EV-9D9, and that he was previously seen torturing other droids in Return of the Jedi.
The second season of The Mandalorian is expected to arrive on Disney+ later this year.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: Global Cases Pass 8 Million As Death Toll Nears 450,000; U.S. Deaths At 116,000 - Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto