The Chicago-Sun Times reports that a man was seen hanging off the 16th floor balcony of Chicago's Trump Tower on Sunday, from what was believed to be a climbing harness. Police spokesman Tom Ahern said he was asking to speak with Donald Trump as he dangled from the building, while also threatening to kill himself, if they didn't meet his demands.
A negotiator was sent to the scene to try and get the man down, CBS News reports. As onlookers gathered to witness the man's stunt in person, police blocked off traffic of the surrounding area.
#BREAKING Man dangling from rope on 16th floor of Trump Tower, threatening suicide. @Chicago_Police negotiating right now...going on more than an hour.— Steven Graves (@StevenGravesTV) October 19, 2020
Crowds gathering around on Wabash. Street closed. I’m working to learn more. @cbschicago pic.twitter.com/7DyYEEmBPl
Climber hangs off side of Trump Tower Chicago, reportedly has threatened to jump pic.twitter.com/JCjFwCdFeg— Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸 (@JackPosobiec) October 19, 2020
On Saturday, the United Steelworkers union projected a light endorsing Joe Biden onto Trump Tower. Check it out below.
This post will be updated.
- Biden Leads Trump by 14 Points in New Poll Amid Widely Criticized Response to COVID-19 and Protests
- Twitter Adds Warning Label to Trump's Tweet About Protests for 'Glorifying Violence'
- Protest Donald Trump With These Donald Trump Piñatas
- The Complex SHOP: Designer Clothing and Brands
- Complex Podcast Network
- Sole Collector Mobile App - Your app for the Sneaker World
- Sneaker of the Year: The Best Since ’85 Book - Now available for pre-order!
Sign up for the Complex Newsletter for breaking news, events, and unique stories.