The post Madison Cunningham on Her Love For Shifting Time Signatures appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Madison Cunningham speaks with Kyle Meredith about her debut album, Who Are You Now. More specifically, the journey that’s taken her from her musical beginnings to landing a gig with Chris Thile’s Live From Here, recording with Andrew Bird, and co-writing with Joe Henry. Cunningham also describes where her love of shifting time signatures comes from and why the electric guitar was the perfect instrument for this record.
Want to see Madison Cunningham live? Get tickets here.
Kyle Meredith With… is an interview series in which WFPK’s Kyle Meredith speaks to a wide breadth of musicians. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, Meredith digs deep into the artist’s work to find out how the music is made and where their journey is going, from legendary artists like Robert Plant, Paul McCartney, U2 and Bryan Ferry, to the newer class of The National, St. Vincent, Arctic Monkeys, Haim, and Father John Misty.
- R.I.P. Ric Ocasek, frontman of The Cars, dead at 75
- R.I.P. Eddie Money, veteran rock singer dead at 70
- Navy acknowledges existence of UFOs for first time, and we have Tom DeLonge to thank
- Nick Carter gets restraining order against brother Aaron Carter
- Josh Homme to release new Desert Sessions in October
- xXx: Return of Xander Cage