Law enforcement claims Mac was driving in the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles, California around 1 a.m. PT on Thursday morning when his car hit a power pole and knocked it down. Mac and two other passengers in the car ran away from the scene on foot.
Mac’s bail has been set at $15,000, and at the time of writing, he was still in jail.
An eyewitness saw them try to escape, but by the time the cops arrived, they were gone. However, they ran the plates on Mac’s car and got his address. When they found him at home, he confessed to driving drunk and fleeing the scene.
On the bright side, law enforcement told TMZ that Mac was “the most polite and nice intoxicated person we’ve ever seen.”
Complex has reached out to a representative for comment.
Ariana Grande seemed to subtweet her ex-boyfriend on Twitter a few hours after the news broke, writing simply: "pls take care of yourself." Ariana and Mac recently broke up. They had been together since September 2016.
pls take care of yourself— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) May 17, 2018
More from Complex
- Homeless Black Man Sues Burger King for $1 Million After Wrongful Arrest Over Fake Money
- Drake May Go to Trial Over Unauthorized Use of His Name and Likeness
- Kurtis Blow Says Future Is The Most Influential Rapper Who Doesn't Get Enough Credit
- Chris Brown’s Friend Lowell Grissom Jr. Under Investigation for Rape at Brown’s House
- Billie Eilish Is Launching Her Own Beats 1 Radio Show