The post Mac DeMarco covers “Santa Claus Is Coming to Town”: Stream appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Christmas has come and gone, but Mac DeMarco is still very much in the holiday spirit. The Canadian jizz jazzer has shared a cover of the seasonal classic “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”.
As with much of his catalog, DeMarco’s take is equal parts cozy and lo-fi. It’s the kind of tune that would emerge from a fun and slightly boozy family jam session around the tree.
This “Santa Claus” rendition was recorded just yesterday, Christmas Day, at DeMarco’s aptly named Jizz Jazz studio in Brooklyn. It comes with a video starring an ornament version of Star Wars character Emperor Palpatine. Watch it below.
With today’s release, DeMarco continues his tradition of holiday covers. In 2018, he let loose his spin on “The Christmas Song”, and the year before that he took on Paul McCartney’s “Wonderful Christmas Time”.
- R.I.P. Jack Sheldon, Schoolhouse Rock! singer and jazz musician dead at 88
- Snoop Dogg smokes blunt outside White House: "Fuck the president"
- There is nothing rock about Billboard's Top Charting Rock Songs of the Decade
- Captain America actress Mollie Fitzgerald charged with murder
- Rage Against the Machine, Frank Ocean, Travis Scott to play Coachella 2020: Sources