This may be the first work by M. Night Shyamalan where knowing the twist makes it all the more creepy. On Wednesday, AppleTV+ released the trailer for the director’s new original series, Servant, premiering November 28th on the streaming platform.
According to a press release, the half-hour psychological thriller series will follow an affluent Philadelphia couple who hires a babysitter to care for their infant. The twist? The “infant” is a doll, modeled after their child who tragically and mysteriously passed away. Somehow, the uncanny-valley baby doll is the least scary part of this trailer, which hints at the babysitter’s sinister motives. The high production value and beautiful interior shots of the couple’s brownstone only make it creepier!
More from Rolling Stone
- Watch Al Pacino Hunt Down Nazis in Teaser for Jordan Peele's 'Hunters'
- Kesha Drops Trailer for Upcoming Album 'High Road'
- Hailee Steinfeld's Emily Dickinson Awaits Death in New 'Dickinson' Trailer
Shyamalan is credited as the director and executive producer of Servant, which is created, written and executive produced by Tony Basgallop. The series stars Lauren Ambrose, Toby Kebbell, Nell Tiger Free and Rupert Grint.
Best of Rolling Stone
- 30 Best Horror TV Shows of All Time
- 'Friends': The Top 10 Ross Moments
- 40 Greatest TV Villains of All Time
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.