Luke Bryan will release his new album Born Here Live Here Die Here on April 24th. The Georgia native’s seventh studio LP, it features 10 tracks, including the singles “Knockin’ Boots” and “What She Wants Tonight.” On Friday, Bryan shared the title cut to the album.
A mid-tempo ballad written by Jake Mitchell, Jameson Rodgers, and Josh Thompson, it hits the nostalgic sweet spot for the country singer, as he reminisces about his upbringing and loyalty to his hometown. “Ride the same roads, work the same dirt, go to the same church and drink the same beer,” he sings, drawing a line back to his father and grandfather.
More from Rolling Stone
- Thomas Rhett, Sugarland Among 2020 Country Megaticket Lineup
- Luke Bryan Announces Proud to Be Right Here Tour, Readies New Album
- Why Country Music Wanted Everyone to Get Along in the 2010s
Bryan will launch his Proud to Be Right Here Tour — which takes its name from a line in “Born Here Live Here Die Here” — on May 28th in Cincinnati. Morgan Wallen, Runaway June, and Caylee Hammack are onboard in support.
Here’s the track list for Born Here Live Here Die Here:
1. “Knockin’ Boots” (Hillary Lindsey, Jon Nite, Gordie Sampson)
2. “What She Wants Tonight” (Luke Bryan, Ross Copperman, Hillary Lindsey, Jon Nite)
3. “Born Here Live Here Die Here” (Jake Mitchell, Jameson Rodgers, Josh Thompson)
4. “One Margarita” (Michael Carter, Matt Dragstrem, Josh Thompson)
5. “Too Drunk to Drive” (Luke Bryan, Michael Carter, Brandon Kinney)
6. “Build Me a Daddy” (Jake Mitchell, Josh Thompson, Brett Tyler)
7. “Little Less Broken” (Michael Carter, Lindsay Rimes, Matt Rogers)
8. “For a Boat” (Randy Montana, Josh Thompson, Mike Walker)
9. “Where Are We Goin’” (Luke Bryan, Brent Cobb)
10. “Down to One” (Dallas Davidson, Justin Ebach, Kyle Fishman)
Best of Rolling Stone
- Elvis Presley: His 10 Best Country Songs
- Hank Williams' Five Most Haunting Performances
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas': The Making of a Classic Soundtrack
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.