The post Luca Guadagnino Says Hello to Universal’s Scarface Remake appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
It gets better: Joel and Ethan Coen wrote the latest draft of the screenplay, topping a laundry list of contributors that includes Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer (Miss Balla), Jonathan Herman (Straight Outta Compton), and Paul Attanasio (Quiz Show), among others. The story will reportedly be set in Los Angeles.
Guadagnino is no stranger to the remake game, having helmed the rather superb reimagining of Dario Argento’s Suspiria back in 2018.
This marks the third take on Scarface, following Howard Hawks’ Chicago-set original in 1932 and Brian De Palma’s Miami-set remake in 1983 starring Al Pacino. The latter has become one of the most iconic films of all time.
So, tough shoes to fill, but never doubt Guadagnino and the Coens.
- DEVO Selling Energy Dome Face Shields
- Hacker Group Leaks Confidential Lady Gaga Files, Threatens to Next Take Down Donald Trump
- R.I.P. Fred Willard, Beloved Comic and Actor Dead at 86
- Jethro Tull Frontman Ian Anderson "Suffering from an Incurable Lung Disease" [Updated]
- Melissa Etheridge's Son, Beckett Cypher, Dies at 21