Tyrone Marshall Brown, who most will know from his starring role on OWN’s “Love Is ___” and his recent turn in the sixth and final season of “Power,” has boarded a Fox pilot.
More from Variety
- 'The Masked Singer' Reveals the Identity of the Mouse: Here's the Star Under the Mask
- 'Halo' Co-Showrunner Kyle Killen Inks Broadcast-Only Talent Deal With Fox
- Matt Lucas, 'Jumanji' Star Ser'Darius Blain Among Four Cast in Fox Drama Pilot 'Big Leap'
The series is based on James Renner’s article “Beyond the Jungle of Bad: The True Story of Two Women from California Who Are Solving All the Mysteries,” and stars Leo as genetic genealogist Louise Kelly. Her field is the best new tool in crime scene forensics, but it’s too bad she’s impossible to deal with.
Brown will play the role of Detective Brick Doughty, a homicide detective and partner to Donovan’s John Kelly. Brick is described as a bit of a wiseass. When he and John catch a rough case, the suicide of a man everyone thought was murdered twenty years ago, it’s Brick’s idea to take the case to Lou, John’s genius if idiosyncratic sister.
“Blood Relative” will be written and executive produced by Chris Levinson and James Renner. Phillip Noyce will direct the pilot and executive produce. Liza Chasin of 3 Dot Productions will also executive produce. The project is a co-production between Paramount Television Studios, Anonymous Content and Fox Entertainment.
Brown’s other TV credits include “FBI,” Bull,” “Chicago P.D.,” and “The Affair.” On the film front, he is best known for his supporting role in the 2011 pic “Gun Hill Road.” He is repped by Innovative Artists and MKS&D Talent Management.
Best of Variety
- Oscars 2020: The Complete Winners List
- Final Oscar Predictions: Who Will Win in the Major Categories?
- Oscars 2020: How to Stream and Watch Online