The post The Lodge teases claustrophobic horror in new trailer: Watch appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
The Lodge promises all the kind of icy, claustrophobic horror one needs in the dead of winter. One of our favorite picks at last year’s Cinepocalypse, the latest from Goodnight Mommy directors Veronika Franz and Severin Fiala will send you into a frozen hell. Today, Neon dropped a new trailer ahead of its February 7th release.
Starring Riley Keough, Jaeden Martell, and Alicia Silverstone, the film follows a family that’s been whisked away to a secluded winter wonderland. Oh, did we say wonderland? We meant a secluded nightmare, where sanity is lost under the Christmas tree, and any kind of fuzzy family feelings are cast aside among the dust bunnies.
In our glowing review, we called the film a “spiritually and existentially subversive” experience “with a darkness that’s both tactile and tragic,” adding, “There is no escape. The ice will sink you. The air will freeze you. The cabin will swallow you. Those notions only grow stronger as the minutes pass.” Are we having fun yet? Watch below and find out.
Too scary for you? Perhaps you need The Horror Virgin podcast in your life. Each week, horror fans Jenn and Mikey take their friend Todd through the encyclopedia of horror one movie at a time. Below, you can hear them talk about the similarly icy terror of The Thing.
- Drummer Joey Kramer sues Aerosmith after being told he needed to audition in order to rejoin band
- Huey Lewis says Ménière's disease has left him unable to sing and perform
- Neil Young is now officially an American citizen
- NBA legend Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash
- Baby covers AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" thanks to dad's tireless efforts: Watch