Set against the backdrop of the Covid-19 lockdown, the AGC-backed film will tell the story of how sparring couple Linda (Hathaway) and Paxton (Ejiofor) call a truce to attempt a high-risk, high-stakes jewellery heist at one of the world’s most exclusive department store, Harrods. The iconic London landmark is granting its glamorous backdrop to the shoot.
We first broke news of the project earlier this month, though plot details were under wraps and Oscar-nominee Ejiofor has subsequently joined.
The Steven Knight-scripted film, which is shooting under strict pandemic protocols, was originated by Storyteller Productions and its producers P.J. van Sandwijk and Michael Lesslie, who approached Doug Liman and Steven Knight and pushed the project from conception to filming within a ninety day timeframe.
Stuart Ford’s AGC Studios came aboard after CAA Media Finance led a competitive bidding process. P.J. van Sandwijk is producing with Alison Winter and Michael Lesslie, with AGC’s Ford and Miguel Palos onboard as executive producers. CAA Media Finance is co-repping worldwide rights with AGC.
More from Deadline
- AGC Inks TIFF Deals On Donnie Yen Starrer 'The Father'
- Tom Cruise And Doug Liman Set Liftoff Date With Space X, Space Shuttle Almanac Reveals
- Patricia Arquette To Star In Apple TV+ Half-Hour Comedy 'High Desert', Latest Collaboration With Ben Stiller; Apple Studios To Produce
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: America Now Has Over 7 Million COVID-19 Cases As New Daily Infections Rise In 23 States
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto