The post Lizzo covers Adele’s “Someone Like You” in old homemade video from 2011: Watch appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Lizzo may be at the top of her game right now, but she’s been eyeing the throne for nearly a decade. A recently unearthed homemade video from 2011 captures a young Lizzo covering the Adele smash “Someone Like You” on piano with both poise and passion.
As Uproxx points out, the old video is taken from the R&B star’s uncovered YouTube channel, which has just barely 900 subscribers. “Hey! Bored & playing around with music again,” Lizzo, then only 23, prefaces the clip. “Found the chords and decided to have some fun. Thanks for watching!”
Lizzo’s love of Adele hasn’t faded much in the last eight years. The “Juice” singer recently said she’d love to collaborate with the UK powerhouse.
Replay the cover below.
Be sure to check out some other premium content from Lizzo’s old channel, including a backstage video taken at a Björk concert.
- Leaked video shows Gibson destroying hundreds of their own guitars
- Rihanna to Trump on El Paso, Dayton shootings: "Donald, you spelt 'terrorism' wrong"
- DEVO confirm rare live appearance at Desert Daze: "This could be the last time DEVO plays on this planet"
- 50 teenagers storm gates at Lollapalooza, immediately arrested
- Neil deGrasse Tyson downplays recent mass shootings in tweet, Smash Mouth aren't having it