Kendrick Lamar takes the stage in Indio, California Sunday night to close out weekend one of Coachella. The headlining set is a fitting way to cap off the last few days for the Compton rapper, who released his fourth studio album Damn on April 14.
Lyrically, K-Dot sounds as sharp as ever on Damn, with tracks like "Fear," "DNA," and "Duckworth" highlighting his pen game. The latter cut was produced by 9th Wonder, who spoke with Complex about piecing together the three-beat performance that bookends one of the best albums released four months into 2017. And let's be honest: it'll probably be near or at the top by year's end.
Don't be surprised if Kendrick decides to mix in a number of new songs with catalog favorites during his set tonight. In that respect, the timing of K-Dot dropping Damn right before Coachella is impeccable, as he'll get to perform material for the first time on one of the biggest musical stages in the world. If he decides to tour this summer, he'll have a good barometer of what to add to the setlist based off reaction from thousands (upon thousands) of fans at Coachella.
" untitled 02"
"Goosebumps" (with Travis Scott)
"Swimming Pools" (interlude)
"Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe"
"That Part" (Schoolboy Q)
"Mask Off" (Future)
NOTE: Turn your ad-blocker off to view the above video.
- Exclusive: 9th Wonder Talks Producing Kendrick's "Duckworth," Confirms Top Dawg Story Is True
- 'Damn' Cements Kendrick's Status as One of Rap's Greatest MCs
- 14 'Damn' Lines You Can Use on Instagram Right Now
More from Complex
- Sevdaliza Previews Her Debut Album with "Hubris"
- Vin Diesel and The Rock Reportedly Settle Their 'Candy Ass' Feud
- Avelino is the Future of British Rap
- Watch Kendrick Lamar's "DNA" Video
- Troy Ave Claims He Was Going to Sign With TDE Despite Calling Kendrick a 'Weirdo Rapper'