The post Live From Mad Cool Festival: Empire of the Sun, Let’s Eat Grandma, La Dispute, and Vetusta Morla appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
This week, This Must Be the Gig engineer/producer Adam Kivel returns with the second half of his coverage from Madrid after an incredible weekend at Mad Cool Festival. While the first half featured three interviews, this week one-ups that with four! First up, the show welcomes in Luke Steele from Empire of the Sun to chat about visa troubles and smashing guitars. Next, Let’s Eat Grandma check in from outside Lauryn Hill’s dressing room to talk first gigs. After that, Juanma Latorre from Vetusta Morla describes playing in his hometown of Madrid and his love for Nirvana. Finally, Jordan Dreyer of La Dispute stops by to chat about connecting to Hot Water Music and the rigors of the festival circuit.
Stream the full episode above.
- Full Woodstock recording to air on WXPN at exact time of original festival
- DEVO confirm rare live appearance at Desert Daze: "This could be the last time DEVO plays on this planet"
- Jack Black and Jack White have finally recorded a song together
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth announce separation
- Disgraced Lostprophets singer Ian Watkins gets more prison time after hiding phone in anus