Lauren Tsai is also on board to co-star in the Netflix movie.
More from Variety
- Leslye Headland Hits Her Stride as Writer-Director and Co-Creator of 'Russian Doll'
- Tracy Oliver Sets Amazon Comedy Series With Amy Poehler Producing
- Adam Scott Calls Out Mitch McConnell's Social Media Team for Using His Image on Twitter
“Moxie” follows a teenage girl (Robinson) from a small town who is inspired by her mother’s Riot Girl past and starts a feminist revolution at her high school.
Tamara Chestna adapted the screenplay, which is based on the book by Jennifer Mathieu. Poehler will produce through her Paper Kite banner along with Morgan Sackett and Kim Lessing.
The pic marks Poehler’s second time behind the camera, following her feature directorial debut with the Netflix comedy “Wine Country.” Poehler also starred in the movie alongside Maya Rudolph, Rachel Dratch, Ana Gasteyer, Paula Pell, Emily Spivey, Tina Fey, Maya Erskine, Jason Schwartzman, and Cherry Jones.
Robinson recently wrapped shooting the pilot for the upcoming HBO Lakers series “Showtime” opposite John C. Reilly as the young Jennie Buss. Later this year, she can be seen alongside Saoirse Ronan and Emma Watson in Greta Gerwig’s highly anticipated “Little Women.” Robinson will also star in Gillian Flynn’s Amazon original series “Utopia” in dual roles as a pair of evil twins. She appears in Charlie Kaufman’s upcoming feature “I’m Thinking of Ending Things” alongside Jesse Plemmons and Jessie Buckley for Netflix.
She is repped by UTA.
Best of Variety
- Emmys Trivia: 20 Surprising Facts From 2019's Nominations
- Listen: Hugh Grant on Why He Would Kill Social Media if He Could
- 'Game of Thrones' Filming Locations in Northern Ireland to Open as Tourist Attractions