London radio station Reprezent Radio has been helping The xx celebrate their Night + Day festival which has been going down in Brixton, London from the March 8 to 15. They've had DJ sets from friends and performers, and yesterday Richard Russell, the owner of XL Recordings, hosted a show.
As well as running one of the most essential independent labels around, Russell is also a musician and producer, and he's been working on a project called Everything Is Recorded. The album features P&P favorites like Giggs, Syd from The Internet, Wiki, Ibeyi, Obongjayar, and Sampha, and Reprezent got a special preview of a few tracks.
Richard Russell and crew do a live performance of a track called “Close But Not Quite” with Sampha on keys and vocals around the 54-minute mark. They play a track with Obongjayar called "She Said" and at around 1-hour 8-minutes and another track with Sampha on vocals at the 1-hour 13-minute mark.
Richard Russell's Everything Is Recorded project is sounding special already, and you should listen to the entire radio show below, because it's packed full of gems.
More from Complex
- Government Weed Is Actually Just Schwaggy, Seedy Trash
- Watch the Solemn Video for St. Louis Rapper Cory Miller's "Objects"
- Watch Desiigner Crash Our Interview With ASAP Ferg While Riding a Scooter at SXSW
- Release Info for Atmos' Air Max 1s and Air Jordan 3
- Dublin Duo Bad Sea Turned a Bad Tinder Date into Beautiful Music