I've been going out of my way to avoid the overused (and often corny) word "vibes" in 2017, but that goes out the window on this one.
Some songs rely on the strength of complex wordplay or intricate rhyme schemes. Then there are songs like A.CHAL's "To The Light." Vibes. And I'm not just saying that because I still listen to "VIBE W/U" regularly. The L.A.-based singer/producer continues in his tradition of releasing catchy singles with a unique, mesmerizing flavor with this Phil Good Music co-produced cut.
This has so much style. Put it on repeat and follow his lead as he sings hypnotizing lines like "Eyes bloodshed, marijuana / Starin' at the eyes of my karma / I'm open, Michael Jackson and Nirvana."
Make sure to check out A.CHAL in person at our No Ceilings SXSW show this Saturday, as well.
More from Complex
- Jeff Sessions Thinks Weed Is 'Only Slightly Less Awful' Than Heroin
- Alleged Boob-Biter Azealia Banks Will Not Serve Jail Time for Her 2015 Assault Case
- Researchers Find a Crazy New Way to Hack Your Phone
- Vince Staples Roasts Haters on Twitter
- Norwegian Artist Jimi Somewhere Drops Off Passionate Video for "Escape"