The It List: Ben Affleck and Ana de Armas star in 'Deep Water,' a new Netflix competition show asks, 'Is It Cake?' and more pop culture picks for the week.
This week on The It List: The Ben Affleck and Ana de Armas thriller Deep Water premieres on Hulu, over a year after it was originally supposed to launch. Meanwhile, Netflix is premiering a new competition show called Is It Cake? where creative cake designer contestants try to stump a panel by making cakes that look like everyday objects. Finally, a new Netflix crime docuseries called Bad Vegan: Fame. Fraud. Fugitives. tells the story of a New York vegan restaurant owner who falls into a life of crime.
- "The It List" is Yahoo's weekly look at the best in pop culture. Here are our picks for the week of March 14.
"Deep Water" is finally making its way to screens. The Ana de Armas and Ben Affleck thriller is based on a 1957 Patricia Highsmith novel, and was originally scheduled for release in late 2020-- way back when the two leads were still dating, and "Bennifer" was a distant memory from the early aughts. The movie tells the story of a marriage where infidelity leads to murder.
- I just wanna feel joy in my life.
- You wanna tell me why you didn't come home last night?
- Not really.
- This isn't a game, Melinda.
- It's always been a game.
- Over on Netflix, get ready for a new competition show called, "Is It Cake?" The name kind of says it all, as some very talented cake artists do their best to fool a panel into thinking their cakes are everyday objects.
- One of these is a cake?
- We're not agreeing. This isn't working.
- Enter into your key pad!
- All right.
- They gave an idiot a machete.
- Oh, you're gonna cut it?
- Oh, this show's awesome!
- If you're looking for weird, Netflix offers up a new true crime docuseries that starts with raw vegan food, and ends with an order of Domino's pizza. "Bad Vegan-- Fame. Fraud. Fugitives." tells the strange story of a prominent New York vegan restaurateur who turns to a life of crime after falling for a man who promises to make her dog immortal.
- Police say junk food led them to the fugitives.
- When I heard she got caught ordering pizza in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, I got the popcorn out. Like, let's do this.
- Who cares about their pizza? What happened to the money?
- Come back next week to check out Yahoo's "It List."