How does Lionel Richie feel about his 21-year-old daughter’s relationship with 36-year-old Scott Disick? Well, if reports are any indication….it’s a work in progress. But the legendary singer’s stance on the relationship seems sorta meh — but that it’s getting more positive as the relationship progresses.
Lionel initially struggled with the couple’s 15-year age difference, but has been warming up to Disick — and he recently even spent Thanksgiving with his daughter and her beau according to E! News. “Lionel has accepted their relationship but still isn’t entirely 100 percent on board with Scott mostly because of the age difference and how young Sofia is,” the source continued. “Lionel can see how happy Sofia is, though, so he is definitely making more of an effort with Scott.”
More from SheKnows
- Paula Abdul Cheering on Katy Perry for Her $25 Million Idol Salary Is the Girl Power We All Need
- Kourtney Kardashian Claps Back at Troll Criticizing Her for Taking Kids to Finland
- Co-Parenting Gets Tense for Kourtney Kardashian, Scott Disick & Sofia Richie on Vacation
The controversial couple is going strong, according to the source. “Scott and Sofia are still together and all is well for now,” the insider said. Earning the approval of Sofia’s famous father isn’t the only obstacle this pair has tackled — they’ve also navigated Disick’s co-parenting relationship with Kourtney Kardashian, with whom he shares three children. And by all accounts, the couple hasn’t been brought down by that often tricky juggling act, despite a few tense moments.
The bottom line? While Disick’s current relationship may not have been received well — by Lionel, the public, or Kardashian fans who hoped he would reconcile with Kourtney — it appears all is well with this couple. On all counts.
Best of SheKnows
- All the Non-Holiday Winter Movies You Should Be Watching Right Now
- 11 Female Film Characters Who Made an Impact in 2018