EXCLUSIVE: In a preemptive bid, New Line has acquired Lucas Carter’s original family action adventure pitch Inner Child. The studio is already in business with the writer on his project Public Enemy, which LeBron James and Maverick Carter’s SpringHill Entertainment are producing with Channing Tatum’s Free Association.
More from Deadline
- Will Ferrell To Star In Feature Remake Of Netflix Documentary 'The Legend Of Cocaine Island'
- New Line Veteran Michael Disco Boogies To Producing Deal, Launches The Disco Factory
- 'The Lord Of The Rings': Morfydd Clark Joins Cast Of Amazon Series
Previously, Carter wrote and sold The Gun Show, an action comedy spec, to Paramount Pictures with Platinum Dunes producing.
Carter is represented by CAA, Echo Lake Entertainment and Gang Tyre.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers