Lil Wayne was set to perform at Rolling Loud Miami Sunday night, but due to unforeseen circumstances, he was unable to take the stage. Rolling Loud's statement says Weezy fell "unexpectedly ill" before his time slot, and as such the headlining slot closing out the festival was left empty.
"Last night, Lil Wayne fell unexpectedly ill ahead of his set time and had to cancel his appearance at Rolling Loud Miami," reads Rolling Loud's statement. "We apologize to the fans and hope that some of the special guest appearances throughout the weekend, such as Meek Mill, Nicki Minaj, Diddy, A$AP Rocky, hometown hero DJ Khaled, the Waffle House Hero, and the two baristas fired by Duke"—who got a surprise $20,000 from Young Dolph—"made for an enjoyable experience. We have a longstanding and healthy partnership with Lil Wayne and his team, and look forward to continuing to work with him and having him on a Rolling Loud stage in the near future."
Understandably, fans reacted negatively toward Tunechi's no-show, tweeting at Rolling Loud asking for a refund. As HotNewHipHop pointed out, Wayne was indeed on the premises the day he was due to perform, as he was spotted in public with Birdman once again. Wayne, however, has faced some pretty serious health issues over the past few years, canceling a show in Las Vegas after suffering multiple seizures.
Hopefully Wayne makes a speedy recovery.
More from Complex
- Kevin Hart Might Star in 'Uptown Saturday Night' Remake
- DJDS Drop New The-Dream and Vory-Assisted Single and Announce New Album
- Lil Wayne Fell 'Unexpectedly Ill' and Had to Cancel Rolling Loud Headlining Set
- Mike D'Antoni's Wife Is Jealous of His Relationship With James Harden
- Rihanna Hands Reporter a Seat When Asked If She'll Attend Royal Wedding