The post Lil Nas X performs “Panini” at 2019 MTV VMAs: Watch appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Lil Nas X took the stage at the 2019 MTV VMas on Monday — however, sans the horses in the back. Instead of rolling out the record-breaking “Old Town Road”, the rap phenomenon delivered the live debut of his single “Panini”.
Along with flashing strobe lights, the performance boasted a futuristic city skyline for a backdrop and Lil Nas X outfitted in robot-like armor. There was also a substantial amount of neon-lit choreography, which the young star sailed through with ease.
Poking fun at himself, the entire thing was prefaced with a silly segment about the 3162nd remix of “Old Town Road” featuring the Ghost of Benjamin Franklin and Old Thug. Even Taylor Swift couldn’t help but raise a glass to Lil Nas X. Remix collaborator Billy Ray Cyrus was also on hand to introduce Lil Nas X and applauded him for his decision to come out and live truthfully.
Replay video footage below, and catch all this year’s VMA performances here.
- Breaking Bad movie gets title, teaser, and premiere date: Watch
- Noel Gallagher wants to start petition to split Foo Fighters
- Nick Cave on his breakup with PJ Harvey: "I was so surprised I almost dropped my syringe"
- Emma Stone is punk rock Cruella de Vil in first image from upcoming prequel
- Album Review: Tool Prove the Wait Was Worth It on the Epic Fear Inoculum
- Tool announce North American tour