Set in the world of international finance, the series shows that world through the eyes of ambitious 20-somethings struggling to secure their futures.
More from Variety
- Olivia Colman to Star in HBO, Sky Crime Series 'Landscapers,' Alexander Payne to Direct
- Why YouTube and Facebook Aren't Fighting the Hot War for Subscription Video
- 'Watchmen' Finale Draws Season High 1.6 Million Viewers
Variety has learned that the ensemble cast includes Myha’la Herrold (“The Tattooed Heart”), Marisa Abela (“Cobra”), Harry Lawtey (“Marcella”), David Jonsson (“Deep State”), and Nabhaan Rizwan (“Informer”).
Freya Mavor (“The ABC Murders”) also stars, as do Will Tudor (“Game of Thrones”), Conor Macneill (“Death and Nightingales”) and Ken Leung (“Marvel’s Inhumans”).
The show was filmed in London and Cardiff, the Welsh capital. Across eight installments, it follows a group of young graduates competing for a limited set of positions at a top London bank. The series and Dunham’s attachment were first reported by Variety.
In the series, the boundaries between colleague, friend, lover, and enemy soon blur as they immerse themselves in a company culture defined by sex, drugs, and ego as much as deals and dividends. Ultimately, they must decide whether life is about more than the bottom line.
Konrad Kay, Mickey Down, Sam H. Freeman and Kate Verghese wrote the series. Dunham exec produces and directed several episodes. Other series directors include Tinge Krishnan, Ed Lilly and Mary Nighy.
Best of Variety
- The Best TV Performances of the Decade
- TV's Top 25 Episodes of the Decade
- The 25 Best TV Shows of the Decade