The duo are best known for their film work, which includes the recent “John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum” and the Tom Cruise-Emily Blunt action pic “Edge of Tomorrow,” but their interests are now shifting into the TV world as well.
More from Variety
- Elijah Wood's SpectreVision Sets First-Look Deal With Legendary TV
- Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg to Produce 'Console Wars' as Limited Series
- Joby Harold to Do Page-One Rewrite of 'The Flash' Script (EXCLUSIVE)
“Joby and Tory are excellent creative producers that truly share in Legendary’s vision of building immersive worlds that audiences are instantly drawn into,” said Nick Pepper, president of Legendary Television. “We are thrilled to work with Safehouse as the company continues to forge their impressive path within the television industry.”
On the TV side, Safehouse developed the WGN series “Underground” which ran for two seasons, and the upcoming January Jones and Kaya Scodelario-starrer “Spinning Out” at Netflix, set to premiere in early 2020. On the feature front, Safehouse’s upcoming slate includes the Michael B. Jordan WW2 movie “The Liberators,” Ridley Scott’s “Battle of Britain,” and 70’s drama “Love Canal” which is set to be Patricia Arquette’s directorial debut.
“Legendary’s robust appetite for visionary and groundbreaking storytellers is unmatched in this industry, which makes them an irresistible place to build premium television,” says Harold in a statement.
“The passion and dedication the whole team pours into every project made this partnership a no brainer for us,” added Tunnell.
Best of Variety
- Emmys Trivia: 20 Surprising Facts From 2019's Nominations
- Listen: Hugh Grant on Why He Would Kill Social Media if He Could
- The Best Gifts for 'Big Bang Theory' Fans