Daniels, co-creator of Empire, will host the evening reception at his Beverly Hills home. A limited number of tickets are being offered at $1,500 per person, with the other level priced at the max of $2,800 per person, according to an invite. It includes a meet and greet with Buttigieg, the former mayor of South Bend, IN.
More from Deadline
- Kevin Costner Endorses "Man Of His Moment" Pete Buttigieg
- Bernie Sanders Vows "Political Revolution" At Massive Venice Beach Rally
- 2020 Democratic Candidates Line Up Showbiz Figures For The Campaign Trail
On Tuesday, Buttigieg’s campaign is also holding another fundraising event, this one featuring campaign official Lis Smith in a conversation with Chelsea Handler. Tickets start at $100 per person. “Lis will chat about her career working on over 20 political campaigns, including Obama’s re-election, her non-stop, hectic life on the campaign trail, and why presidential campaigns are no longer a boy’s club,” according to the invite.
Buttigieg raised more from showbiz than any other Democratic candidate in the second and third quarters, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. The fourth quarter numbers for showbiz have not yet been calculated, but the Buttigieg campaign said this week that it raised $24.7 million overall in the closing three months of the year. That placed Buttigieg second to Bernie Sanders, whose campaign said it raised $34.5 million in the fourth quarter.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers