EXCLUSIVE: LD Entertainment and Roadside Attractions have moved the release date of the forthcoming Words On Bathroom Walls. The feature based on Julia Walton’s YA novel will now open nationwide in theaters August 21, pushing its debut from the originally slated date of August 7. The companies have also dropped a clip of the film.
Directed by Thor Freudenthal (Carnival Row, Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters, Diary of a Wimpy Kid) and adapted by Nick Naveda, Words on Bathroom Walls follows Adam (Charlie Plummer), a young adult with raging hormones that has dreams of becoming a chef. Expelled halfway through his senior year, Adam is diagnosed with mental illness that he keeps secret at his new school. Living in constant fear of being exposed, Adam finds a connection with Maya (Taylor Russell), an outspoken and fiercely intelligent girl who inspires him to open his heart and not be defined by his condition. With the love and support of his newfound romance and family, Adam is hopeful for the very first time that he can see the light and triumph over the challenges that lie ahead. In the clip above, we see Adam and Maya trying to get to know each other.
More from Deadline
- 'The Secret: Dare To Dream' Sets PVOD Release After Theatrical Date Halted By Coronavirus - Update
- 'Words On Bathroom Walls': LD Entertainment And Roadside Attractions Set Release Date For Adaptation Of Julia Walton's YA Novel
- 'The Glorias' Acquired By 'Judy' Team Of LD Entertainment And Roadside, Will Get Awards-Season Release Ahead Of Election
Words on Bathroom Walls marks the 11th collaboration between LD Entertainment and Roadside Attractions. It will be the first theatrical release for either company since the COVID-19 pandemic began.
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: New Cases Break Record 70,000 For The First Time; Infections Up 40% Since Early July
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto