Corrao had taken over the position from Karey Burke, who in late 2018 left Freeform to become head of ABC Entertainment. The move comes four months after Tara Duncan stepped into the presidency at Freeform in the wake of the April departure of Tom Ascheim, who had brought Corrao on board.
Corrao oversaw all scripted and unscripted development, current originals, as well as casting and talent development at the young adult cabler. Prior to her time at Freeform, Corrao served as co-president of indie studio Tornante TV, and before that spent eight years at Comedy Central, ultimately becoming president of original programming and development and overseeing “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart” and “The Colbert Report,” among other series.
No replacement has been named. The Hollywood Reporter first reported news of Corrao’s departure.
More from Variety
- 'Love in the Time of Corona' Review: An Uneven Time Capsule of Early Quarantine
- Kal Penn to Host Election Series for Freeform Aimed at Young Voters
- 'Siren' Canceled After Three Seasons at Freeform
Best of Variety
- What's Coming to Disney Plus in October 2020
- Everything Coming to Netflix in October
- The Best Comedies on Netflix to Watch Right Now