In the minute-long clip, the ever-neurotic David manages to pinpoint the everyday annoyance of a simple kitchen appliance, with the unpredictability of the toaster driving the comedian to lash out physically at the device.
More from Rolling Stone
- Bob Einstein, 'Curb Your Enthusiasm,' 'Super Dave' Actor, Dead at 76
- Flashback: Bob Einstein’s Greatest ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ Moment
- 'His Dark Materials' Recap: Separation Anxiety
“We can’t wait either,” the HBO promo quips, a nod to the three-year wait since Curb Your Enthusiasm’s ninth season aired in December 2017. Prior to that, Curb went on a six-year hiatus between Season 8 in 2011 and Season 9.
Fans of the comedy series won’t have to wait long for the all-new Season 10: Curb Your Enthusiasm, Number 19 on Rolling Stone‘s list of the 100 Greatest TV Show of All Time, returns to HBO in January. The upcoming season is the first since the death of actor Bob Einstein, who played David’s love-hate friend Marty Funkhouser on the series; Einstein died in January 2019.
Best of Rolling Stone
- 30 Best Horror TV Shows of All Time
- 'Friends': The Top 10 Ross Moments
- 40 Greatest TV Villains of All Time
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.