The New York-based firm all but sold out on the project, closing deals for the UK, France, Italy and Benelux (STX Entertainment), Germany and Switzerland (DCM), Australia/NZ (Roadshow), Latin America, Spain and Portugal (Sun), South Korea (Green Narae) and Japan (Tohokushina).
More from Deadline
- Big-Budget Russian Action Pic 'Chernobyl' Sells To North America
- Cannes Reveals Delegate Numbers From First Ever Virtual Edition
- NEON & Topic Studios Win U.S. Rights Auction For Pablo Larrain Drama 'Spencer' With Kristen Stewart As Princess Diana
Buyers were also hungry for the film in Scandinavia (Scanbox), Canada (Elevation), CIS/Baltics (Central Partnership), Eastern Europe (Forum), Middle East (Italia), Pan Asia Pay TV (Disney), Singapore (Shaw), Greece/Cyprus (Spentzos), Hong Kong (Golden Scene), India/Pakistan (Impact Films India), Israel (Lev), Turkey (FilmArti), South Africa (Empire), Taiwan (Moviecloud) and Thailand (M Pictures).
China is the last remaining sizeable market available on the movie. Neon and Topic studios snapped up domestic rights last week during the online event.
Set to shoot in early 2021, the portrait of the former Princess will be set over the the course of one of her final Christmas holidays with the House of Windsor in their famous Sandringham estate. We spoke to director Larrain about his vision and inspiration for the film on the eve of the market.
Steven Knight (Peaky Blinders) has scripted. Producers are Larraín (Jackie) and Juan de Dios Larraín (Jackie), Jonas Dornbach (Toni Erdmann) and Janine Jackowski (Toni Erdmann), and Paul Webster (Atonement).
FilmNation had a stellar virtual market having also taken Will Smith starrer Emancipation, which sold to Apple for more than $100M, and Dan Gilroy’s AI film Faster, Cheaper, Better.
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: New Cases Pass 50,000 For First Time As Donald Trump Says, "It's Working Out Very Well"- Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto