These days, Frozen 2 star Kristen Bell is comfortable speaking openly — and frequently — about her mental health struggles. But that wasn’t always the case, and now she regrets not speaking up sooner. She first spoke out about her struggles with anxiety and depression back in 2016, after her husband Dax Shepard suggested that she own it publicly — and that she was in the position to help people if she was honest about her experience in the public eye.
More from SheKnows
- Would You Use Your Frozen Fame to Get Your Kid a Dentist Appointment?
- The Frozen 2 Cast Went Full La La Land on the Streets of LA, and It Was Predictably Chaos
- Watching Drake Sing 'Let It Go' From Frozen Will Make You LOL
The couple is known for their harmless jokes about each other in good fun — and Bell told today that she was annoyed to realize that her hubby was right all along. “Me talking about that actually came from — ugh, I hate to give him credit for everything,” she said on TODAY. “It’s so annoying that he’s so right about everything… it really is.”
But she’s grateful for his support to speak up about such a consequential issue, from the point of view of her platform in the public eye. “Everyone thinks there’s some shame in it,” she said — and now, even if she started later than she wishes she had, she hopes she can contribute to reducing the stigma.
Best of SheKnows
- All the Non-Holiday Winter Movies You Should Be Watching Right Now
- 11 Female Film Characters Who Made an Impact in 2018