More than 25 years have passed since Nicole Brown Simpson was murdered, along with Ron Goldman, on June 12, 1994. But Brown Simpson’s life is far from forgotten. Kris Jenner, a longtime friend of Nicole, opened up about the ways in which she still struggles with the loss — in particular around the anniversary of those gruesome crimes.
“June’s always depressing though,” Jenner said on the latest episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians.” It always reminds me of the anniversary of Nicole’s death,” Jenner told her mother MJ Shannon. “And it’s like, year after year, it becomes a little more faded.”
More from SheKnows
- Kim Kardashian West on How She Builds Her Daughters' Body Image Ahead of Today's Skims Launch
- Ryan Seacrest Just Confessed He Once Clogged the Kardashians' Toilet & Didn't Tell Them
- Kylie Jenner & Stormi's 1st Magazine Cover Features 3 Generations of Jenner Women
Jenner and her longtime friend Faye Resnick both think of their late friend Brown Simpson when they stop by for a meal at Toscana, a restaurant they used to visit with her.
“It is very difficult being here, I have to tell you. We had so many occasions here,” Resnick says in the episode. “The last time I was here was with you and Nicole.”
Jenner, too, remembered that meal precisely — down to the very dishes the group ordered. She recalled in fact that Nicole ate white fish with spinach and roasted potatoes, washing down her food with a margarita.
In a particularly moving — even surreal twist — Jenner and Resnick learn they are ordering from a special 30th-anniversary menu the restaurant is offering to mark its milestone occasion, making the dishes on offer similar to the ones from which the group of girlfriends would have selected when they visited the same establishment in the ’90s.
Best of SheKnows
- 11 Female Film Characters Who Made an Impact in 2018
- Winter Movies That Aren't About Christmas You Can Enjoy Right Now