The post Kodak Black pleads guilty to federal weapons charges appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Back in May, the “Gnarly” rapper was arrested by federal and local authorities on weapons charges. He was detained shortly before he was scheduled to perform at the Rolling Loud Festival in Miami. According to an indictment filed in the Southern District of Florida, he is accused of knowingly making a false or fictitious statement when attempting to purchase a firearm on two occasions over the last year. A judge denied his request for bond after concluding he was “danger to the community,” and he has remained in custody pending the start of his trial.
At the time of his most recent arrest, Black was already out on bond awaiting trial in South Carolina on criminal sexual conduct charges. Additionally, in April 2019 he was detained at the US-Canadian border after being found possession of a Glock 9mm pistol and marijuana. He was subsequently charged with felony criminal possession of a weapon and a misdemeanor marijuana charge. After posting bail, the rapper famously left the police station by covering his face with hundred dollar bills.
- Breaking Bad movie gets title, teaser, and premiere date: Watch
- Dropkick Murphys stage intimate performance outside sick kid's window: Watch
- Emma Stone is punk rock Cruella de Vil in first image from upcoming prequel
- Seth Hurwitz, co-owner of 9:30 Club and Merriweather Post Pavilion, charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Bob Odenkirk says Breaking Bad movie already filmed: "They did it"