The post King Princess covers Lady Gaga’s “Speechless”: Watch appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
King Princess stopped by BBC Radio 1 to take part in one of the station’s Piano Sessions. The 20-year-old singer delivered a stunning cover of fellow New York City pop queen Lady Gaga’s “Speechless”. In addition, she performed a stripped down version of “Ain’t Together” off her recent debut LP, Cheap Queen.
Bathed in dark light, King Princess (aka Mikaela Mullaney Straus) sang through the Gaga’s The Fame Monster cut with ease, laying into the choruses with a big pop feel all while keeping the track simple. Something tells us the Mother Monster would be proud.
Straus took a similar approach to her own tune, “Ain’t Together”, showing off the song’s strong bones as a heartbreak pop tune as she descended into the line, “We say, ‘I love you’/ but we ain’t together.” Watch both performances below.
King Princess will be out on the road into the new year in support of her new record, including stops at Lollapalloza’s festivals in Brazil, Argentina, and Chile. Get tickets to all her upcoming shows here. Gaga, meanwhile, recently extended her Las Vegas residency into 2020, so look for those tickets here.
- Confirmed: Rage Against the Machine will reunite in 2020
- Kanye says God rewarded him with $68 million tax refund for becoming born-again Christian
- My Chemical Romance announce reunion
- New Prince memoir reveals he hated Katy Perry and Ed Sheeran's music
- Morrissey is signing other artists' albums and selling them for $300 at shows