The post King Crimson announces In the Court of the Crimson King 50th anniversary box set appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
The band’s 1969 debut will be reissued in a four-disc package that includes new mixes in both stereo and instrumental forms, an expanded alternate version of the album, and bonus tracks. A Blu-ray, featuring a 5.1 stereo mix of the album and rare performance footage from 1969, is also included.
The material is contained in a gatefold box featuring restored artwork and new sleeve notes by the band’s biographer, Sid Smith.
The 50th anniversary edition of In the Court of the Crimson King will also be available on vinyl and as part of a new box set entitled, Complete 1969 Session, and documenting King Crimson’s studio and live recordings from 1969 onwards.
- R.I.P. Ric Ocasek, frontman of The Cars, dead at 75
- R.I.P. Eddie Money, veteran rock singer dead at 70
- R.I.P. Daniel Johnston, lo-fi songwriting legend dead at 58
- Josh Homme to release new Desert Sessions in October
- 10 Nü-Metal Songs That Don't Totally Suck