The film is based on the animated Nickelodeon series of the same name, and it is produced by Spin Master Corp. Paramount Pictures has set a theatrical release for Aug. 20, 2021, and the film is in production with creators, artists and producers collaborating remotely.
The “PAW Patrol” series, which premiered in 2013, centers on a young boy named Ryder who leads a crew of search-and-rescue dogs that work together on missions to protect the shoreside community of Adventure Bay. The dogs — Chase, Marshall, Rubble, Zuma, Rocky and Skye — live in houses that transform into vehicles for their missions. The movie sees Ryder and the pups being called to Adventure City to stop Mayor Humdinger from turning the bustling metropolis into a state of chaos.
“PAW Patrol” is being directed by animation veteran Cal Brunker, whose credits include “Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature” and “Escape From Planet Earth.” Spin Master Entertainment’s executive vice president Jennifer Dodge is the producer. Executive producers are Ronnen Harary, Spin Master’s co-founder and co-CEO; Adam Beder, Spin Master’s executive vice president of strategic partnership & franchise development; and Peter Schlessel.
The “PAW Patrol” movie is the first of several feature films in the works by Spin Master’s Entertainment division. The series currently airs in over 160 countries in 30 languages. It’s currently in its seventh season on Nickelodeon and has been renewed for an eighth season. The movie project was first unveiled in February.
More from Variety
- BBC Three Nabs Lena Waithe's BET Title 'Twenties' From ViacomCBS Ahead of Mipcom
- Tyler Perry to Receive 'People's Champion' Honor at 2020 People's Choice Awards
- Emmys Behind the Scenes: 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' Co-Head Writer Molly McNearney on What Went Right and What Didn't (EXCLUSIVE)
Best of Variety
- Best Horror Movies to Watch on Netflix Right Now
- What's Coming to Disney Plus in October 2020
- Everything Coming to Netflix in October