Whether you’re a fan or a detractor, you have to admit: There’s something bold about a character-erasing time jump. Monday night’s season premiere of Kevin Can Wait not only pushed the show’s timeline forward over a year, it also addressed the Erinn Hayes–sized elephant in the room: the conspicuous absence of Hayes’s character, Donna, erstwhile wife to Kevin and mother of the three Gable children. As reported this summer, season two features the demise of Donna, as Hayes has been written out of the show. However, as BuzzFeed’s Jarett Wieselman pointed out, Donna’s death is alluded to only very briefly and with regards to her still-standing gym membership (to be fair, those things are very hard to get out of). The conversation then ends with a kung fu coupon punch line. So, if you were looking for any concrete answers about how or why Donna died, well, Kevin Can, and Will, Make You Wait. Provided the show addresses it at all, of course.
killed off Kevin's wife tonight & spent less than one minute talking about her death in the whole epJarett Wieselman (@JarettSays) September 26, 2017
How do you really feel? I feel like you are sugar coating itLeah Remini (@LeahRemini) September 25, 2017
- HGTV Is a Never-ending Fantasy Loop. Look Deeper, and It Gets Pretty Ugly.
- Meet Your New Saturday Night Live Cast Members
- 9 Theories About Jack Pearson’s Death on This Is Us
- Taylor Swift Sent Flowers to Chart Usurper Cardi B
- Harry Knowles ‘Stepping Away’ From Ain’t It Cool News Amid Sexual Assault Allegations