Filmmaker and fanboy extraordinaire Kevin Smith is having a birthday party and everyone is invited! The Clerks director has set a one-night-only drive-in movie pop up event where he will screen Jay and Silent Bob Reboot followed by a Q&A with the birthday boy himself. The event will take place at Paramount Drive-in Theaters on August 3. Proceeds from the event will benefit the LA Food Bank.
In addition, there will be a Mooby’s pop-up at the event. The pop-up restaurant, which opened for a limited time in April in Los Angeles, is based on the fictional fast-food chain from films such as Dogma, Clerks II, and, of course, the Jay and Silent Bob franchise. The Mooby’s pop-up has since launched nationwide with delivery kits exclusively on Gold Belly.
More from Deadline
- Longtime WME TV Lit Agent Jordan Cerf Joins Mosaic As Manager
- Kevin Smith Launches Mooby's Delivery Pop Up To Benefit No Us Without You COVID-19 Charity
- 'Max Reload and the Nether Blasters' With Kevin Smith Lands At MVD Entertainment
The Mooby’s pop-up initially benefited No Us Without You, a fundraiser that provides food for families of undocumented restaurant workers during the COVID-19 pandemic. Mooby’s was a collaboration with the team that brought Saved by the Bell fans the Saved By the Max restaurant as well as the Good Burger pop-up.
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: New Cases Break Record 70,000 For The First Time; Infections Up 40% Since Early July
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto