The post Katy Perry struggles through the “Small Talk” on new single: Stream appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Katy Perry returned earlier this summer with “Never Really Over”, her first new music since Witness. It seems the pop star has really been contemplating post-relationship life since that 2017 album, as her latest track, “Small Talk”, again explores the emotional knots that come from breakup.
Thick bass lines and quick synth bumps make up the simple yet catchy beat, but it’s Perry’s own melodic runs that really drive the track. “Isn’t it weird/ That you’ve seen me naked/ We had conversations about forever, now it’s about the weather, okay,” she sings, her voice tipping from innocent pondering to melancholic realization.
“Small Talk” comes with a music video that brings its awkward topic to life via a separated couple having to face seeing each other every day at work. Check it out below.
The new music is a bright spot in what has been another up-and-down year for Katy Perry. There were those awkward “blackface” shoes back in winter, and just last month she lost a copyright case centered around her song “Dark Horse”. But hey, at least she’s buds with Taylor Swift again.
- Full Woodstock recording to air on WXPN at exact time of original festival
- "Teenage Dream" video star accuses Katy Perry of sexual harassment
- Mr. Bungle reunite for first concerts in 20 years
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth announce separation
- Foster the People promote bizarre Jeffrey Epstein conspiracy theory
- Disgraced Lostprophets singer Ian Watkins gets more prison time after hiding phone in anus