Kate Tempest gives Kyle Meredith a ring to dive into her Rick Rubin-produced album, The Book of Traps and Lessons. She discusses finding the right sounds to accompany her poetry, tying personal stories into a greater picture of a lost post-Brexit Europe, journeying into a better person, and what it’s like to perform a conceptual piece like this on the Glastonbury stage.
Kyle Meredith With… is an interview series in which WFPK’s Kyle Meredith speaks to a wide breadth of musicians. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, Meredith digs deep into the artist’s work to find out how the music is made and where their journey is going, from legendary artists like Robert Plant, Paul McCartney, U2 and Bryan Ferry, to the newer class of The National, St. Vincent, Arctic Monkeys, Haim, and Father John Misty.
- Second person comes forward accusing Katy Perry of sexual harassment
- Full Woodstock recording to air on WXPN at exact time of original festival
- R.I.P. Peter Fonda, Easy Rider star and counter-culture icon dead at 79
- Feds accuse R Kelly of spreading herpes
- Slayer apparently too "terrifying" for NASCAR as band's sponsorship is pulled due to "reactionary concerns"
- The Matrix 4: Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss to star in new film from Lana Wachowski