In what marks her most significant TV gig to date, Kate Hudson has been tapped to headline Season 2 of Apple TV+’s anthology-esque drama series Truth Be Told, TVLine has learned. The Almost Famous actress will star opposite returning series regular (and exec producer) Octavia Spencer.
Originally billed as a limited series, Truth Be Told‘s first season starred Breaking Bad‘s Aaron Paul and Masters of Sex‘s Lizzy Caplan In Season 2, Hudson will play Micah Keith, a lifestyle guru and longtime friend of Spencer’s true crime guru Poppy Parnell. The pair’s relationship is out to the test when a new case connects both women.
Prior to Truth Be Told, Hudson’s most noteworthy TV credit was a recurring role as a tough-as-nails dance instructor in Glee‘s fourth season.
Production on Truth Be Told Season 2 is slated to commence on Oct. 26 in Los Angeles ahead of a 2021 premiere.
More from TVLine
- Pachinko: Apple TV+'s Trilingual Adaptation From The Terror's Soo Hugh to Star Min Ho Lee and Jin Ha
- Servant Season 2: Find Out When the Creepy Nanny Drama Will Return
- Dickinson Renewed at Apple TV+, Gets Return Date and a Spooky Teaser
Best of TVLine
- TV Roles Recast: 25+ Times a Show Changed Actors Midstream (and Why)
- Stars Who Almost Played Other TV Roles â€” on Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, Lost, Gilmore Girls, Friends and Other Shows
- TV Stars Almost Cast in Other Roles