The post Kanye West’s new film, Jesus Is King, coming to IMAX on October 25th appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Scheduled to hit IMAX theaters for one night only on October 25th, Jesus Is King features a performance of Kanye’s Sunday Service at Roden Crater, James Turrell’s naked-eye volcano conservatory in Flagstaff, Arizona. (Kanye recently donated $10 million to the Turrell Art Foundation to support the conservatory.)
“This one-of-a-kind experience features songs arranged by West in the gospel tradition along with music from his new album Jesus Is King — all presented in the immersive sound and stunning clarity of IMAX,” according to a statement.
Jesus Is King (the album) is scheduled for release sometime later today.
- xXx: Return of Xander Cage
- Weezer's cover of Nirvana's "Lithium" brings Dave Grohl to tears: Watch
- Aaron Carter just got a new face tattoo
- R.I.P. Kim Shattuck, frontwoman of The Muffs and onetime Pixies member dies at 56
- Metallica postpone tour as James Hetfield enters rehab