The Travis Scott-featuring, Dr. Dre-mixed track is taken from West's forthcoming album God's Country, marking confirmation of a title that cinematographer Arthur Jafa mentioned in an Instagram Live chat with Michèle Lamy in May.
Up top, catch the track's Jafa-directed video. Jafa, who's worked with West before, also handled cover art duties.
As West made clear in a tweet shared Monday ahead of the song and video's push one day later, the "Wash Us in the Blood" drop marks the continuation of his ongoing #WESTDAYEVER campaign, which last week saw the announcement of Yeezy x GAP and the release of a mini-documentary from Nick Knight focused on the new Yeezy Supply site.
West has also confirmed the existence of a "Dr. Dre version" of his most recent solo full-length, last year's "Church on Sunday"-featuring Jesus Is King. If "Wash Us in the Blood" is any indication, many of the themes found on King will continue on God's Country.
Also on the agenda is an animated series from Takashi Murakami centered on the Kids See Ghosts duo of Ye and Kid Cudi. No release date has been given for the series, the Dre-ified King, or God's Country. Given recent activity, however, it's safe to assume some or all of these projects are indeed imminent.
- Kanye West Taps Nigerian-British Designer Mowalola Ogunlesi as Design Director of Yeezy Gap
- Pastor of Atlanta Church That Kanye Donated to Redirects Funds Over Trump Comments
- Rick Ross and Meek Mill Address Kanye's Trump Fandom on New Songs
- The Complex SHOP: Designer Clothing and Brands
- Complex Podcast Network
- Sole Collector Mobile App - Your app for the Sneaker World
- Sneaker of the Year: The Best Since ’85 Book - Now available for pre-order!
Sign up for the Complex Newsletter for breaking news, events, and unique stories.