The dead body of K-pop star Goo Hara was found Sunday at her home in Seoul, South Korea. The discovery comes a few months after a reported suicide attempt, although the cause of death is not immediately clear.
Hara was a member of the girl group Hara starting in 2008, then became a solo artist. In March, an ex-boyfriend threatened to release a sex tape, leading to the reported suicide attempt. She was also dropped by her agency at that time, but resurfaced and planned to release a single in Japan.
More from Deadline
- Mexico-South Korea World Cup Match Breaks Record At Telemundo For Most-Watched Spanish-Language Event
- NBC Olympics To Stream 'Go For The Gold' And 'Meet Team USA' Via Netflix
- Donald Trump Tweets To Take Credit For Possible Talks Between North And South Korea
The 28-year-old singer and actress shared a photo of herself on Instagram on Saturday, telling her 1.5 million followers, “Good night,” her final post.
Hara was said to be a close friend of the actress Sulli, who was found dead at age 25 last month.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers