Justin Bieber has returned with the new song “Yummy.” He teased the track on Christmas Eve alongside a tour announcement. It’s the first single from Bieber’s upcoming fifth album, the follow-up to 2015’s Purpose.
The smooth R&B song — produced by Kid Culture, Sasha Sirota and frequent collaborator Jason “Poo Bear” Boyd — gives props to his sweetheart, whom he continues to crave. “I’m elated that you’re my lady,” Bieber sings. “Yeah, you got that yummy yum, that yummy yum, that yummy yummy.”
More from Rolling Stone
- Justin Bieber Details New Single 'Yummy,' Announces Tour
- Justin Bieber Teases Difficult Road to New Album in Trailer for Docuseries 'Seasons'
- Watch Justin Bieber Turn a Fancy Restaurant Into a Club in 'Yummy' Video
“As humans we are imperfect,” Bieber said in a teaser for his new music last week. “My past, my mistakes, all the things that I’ve been through, I believe that I’m right where I’m supposed to be and God has me right where he wants me. I feel like this is different than the previous albums just because of where I’m at in my life.”
“Yummy” kicks off what looks to be a massive 2020 for the pop star. On January 27th, a 10-episode docuseries titled Seasons will premiere on YouTube Originals. The show will explore a dark period in his life, which included the cancellation of a string of 2017 tour dates following the release of Purpose. In May, he will kick off an extensive tour in support of his new music. It will wrap on September 26th in East Rutherford, NJ at MetLife Stadium.
Best of Rolling Stone
- Hank Williams' Five Most Haunting Performances
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas': The Making of a Classic Soundtrack
- 89 New Christmas Albums of 2019, Reviewed
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.