The post Jonah Hill in talks to play villain in new Batman movie appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
According to Deadline, Jonah Hill is in talks to play a villain in the upcoming reboot starring Robert Pattison as the Caped Crusader. Entertainment reporter Jeff Sneider hears that Hill will be playing the Riddler, but THR says it’s also possible he portrays the Penguin. Reportedly, Hill and Warner Bros. are still going back and forth on who exactly he should play.
In either role, Hill would be following in some pretty iconic footsteps: Danny DeVito portrayed Penguin in 1992’s Batman Returns, while Jim Carrey took on the role of Riddler in 1995’s Batman Forever. Back before Reeves took full control of the film away from previous star/writer/director Ben Affleck, Josh Gad was rumored to be vying for the role of Penguin.
Production on The Batman is scheduled to begin at the top of 2020, with a theatrical release date set for June 25th, 2021.
- Tekashi 6ix9ine is expected to enter witness protection
- xXx: Return of Xander Cage
- Miley Cyrus covers Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb": Watch
- Cream drummer Ginger Baker is "critically ill"
- The Village People incite unlikely circle pit and wall of death at Riot Fest: Watch