“I had a meeting on a season pitch for this yesterday. We like the group of writers, and we’re trying to get it in the right place so it doesn’t interfere with the motion picture. It will air sometime after the fourth movie,” said Starz President and CEO Jeffrey Hirsch today at TCA.
More from Deadline
- HBO Documentary 2020 Slate: Natalie Wood, Muhammad Ali & Dick Cavett, Roy Cohn, Fake News & More - TCA
- Ronan Farrow To Investigate Threats & Violence Against Journalists In HBO Documentary Film
- Monica Raymund Says "The Door Is Always Open" To Return To 'Chicago Fire' - TCA
Back at summer’s TCA, Hirsch revealed that the series would explore the origin story of the hotel which serves as a refuge for assassins in the movies.
The series was picked up by the Lionsgate-backed broadcaster in January 2018, and comes from Lionsgate TV. It’s being written by Chris Collins who serves as showrunner. Other members of the team behind the film franchise that executive produce include Thunder Road Pictures’ Basil Iwanyk, Chad Stahelski, John Wick franchise screenwriter Derek Kolstad, along with Collins and David Leitch. Stahelski will direct the premiere episode.
John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum was a big cornerstone to Lionsgate’s 2019 domestic box office success earning north of $171M and $326.7M WW.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers