Noted adult John Mulaney corrals a slew of guest stars for song-and-dance numbers, science experiments, and more in the new trailer for his upcoming children’s special, John Mulaney & the Sack Lunch Bunch, out December 24th via Netflix.
The new show harks back to a bygone age of children’s television, filled with elaborate musical moments and indoor sets made to look like neighborhood blocks. The special also boasts a slew of guest stars, and the clip teases appearances from David Byrne — who looks on nervously at a papier-mâché volcano — Jake Gyllenhaal, Natasha Lyonne, Annaleigh Ashford, Andre De Shields, Shereen Pimentel, and Richard Kind.
More from Rolling Stone
- Kevin Hart Tackles Oscars Controversy, Cheating Scandal in New Doc Trailer
- Trailers of the Week: 'Stage Fright,' 'The Preppy Murder,' 'The Turning'
- Joe Goldberg Finds a New Obsession in 'You' Season 2 Trailer
The trailer closes with the Sack Lunch Bunch asking Mulaney the obvious question about his new special: whether the whole endeavor is ironic or if the comedian actually wants to do a children’s show. In turn, Mulaney’s jaw goes slack and he stammers, “That — we talk a lot about that. That’s the million-dollar question.”
Best of Rolling Stone
- Springfield of Dreams: 150 Best 'Simpsons' Episodes
- 50 Best TV Shows of the 2010s
- 30 Best Horror TV Shows of All Time
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.