West, who's spent the week wearing supremely ass-ugly red hats and watching Jordan Peterson videos, decided to screenshot a text exchange with John Legend and tweet it out to the world Thursday. The chat begins with a loving message from Legend, who—like all of us—just wants West to get back to his legacy as the "greatest artist of our generation." Legend also brought up the intensifying wave of anger among West fans who feel "betrayed" because of his love for Trump. Somehow, West saw this as an attempt by Legend to "manipulate" his "free thought."
30 minutes later, West added that he shared the text to prove some kind of point about people having opinions or something idfk.
I tweeted the John text to show that there are people around me that disagree with me and voice their opinion. I respect everyone's opinion but I stand my ground.— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) April 26, 2018
if you feel something don't let peer pressure manipulate you— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) April 26, 2018
The continuation of their text exchange, in which Legend urged West to realize the consequences of his words and actions, was also shared.
As expected, West didn't stop there. He also seemingly expressed surprise at the fact that literally no one associates "empathy" with the MAGA cult of which West is now an apparent member.
I really appreciate this dialogue with John Legend because I'm actually very empathetic. Im still the kid from the telethon. I feel when people think of MAGA they don't think of empathy.— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) April 26, 2018
This is year one. We can't ad empathy to MAGA by hating. We can only ad empathy with love and time and truly hearing all sides— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) April 26, 2018
John Legend new single on line now 😂— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) April 26, 2018
Let's all just escape to that new John Legend single now.
- Kanye and Trump Deserve Each Other
- Kanye West to Hot 97's Ebro: 'I Love Donald Trump'
- John Legend Calls Kanye West's Meeting With Donald Trump a 'Publicity Stunt'
More from Complex
- Lil Yachty, Araabmuzik, and What Do We Do With Kanye? | Open Late With Peter Rosenberg
- Joey Badass Spits Freestyle Backstage at The Amerikkkana Tour, Announces New Album Almost Done
- Roger Goodell Was Viciously Booed At The NFL Draft, Again
- NBA Acknowledges LeBron's Game 5 Block Was Goaltending
- Kendrick's 'Damn' Sales Increase by 236 Percent Following Pulitzer Prize Win