The post John Coltrane’s A Love Supreme Receives Audiophile Vinyl Reissue appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
The four-part spiritual suite has been remastered from its original analog tapes, pressed on 180-gram vinyl, and packaged by Stoughton Printing Co. in high-quality tip-on gatefold jackets.
“Working with UMe and Impulse!, we were granted access to Coltrane’s original master tapes to create what we believe are the highest-quality reissues of these iconic jazz albums,” Chad Kassem, CEO of Acoustic Sounds, said in a statement. “Each step in our production process – from title selection to mastering, pressing and packaging – is designed to meet the highest standards, and we want everyone who hears these albums to feel the love and hard work we put into everything we do.”
The Acoustic Sounds series will also bring vinyl reissues of two Nina Simone albums — 1965’s I Put A Spell On You and Pastel Blues — on November 6th.
- Dolly Parton Backs Black Lives Matter: "Do We Think Our Little White Asses Are the Only Ones That Matter?"
- Microsoft Finally Kills Internet Explorer
- Sexually Repressed Fox Anchor Tucker Carlson Freaks Out Over "WAP" Video: Watch
- 10 Fake Movie Bands We Want to Tour
- 10-Year-Old Drum Prodigy Honors Neil Peart with Her Impressive Cover of Rush's "YYZ": Watch
- The 50 Greatest Rock and Roll Movies of All Time